Saturday, 16 January 2021

I’m not exaggerating by saying that (to me) the world is often a rollercoaster of terrors.

I am scared of so many things - at times reasonable, at times irrational and unspeakable - that it’s no surprise how I literally destroyed my intestines with anxiety.

And in the dark, I can see many of those fears taking form. Their shapes elongating, twisting. A hundred eyes watching me, or none at all.

Yet, it was in a dark room that I felt the safest as a child.

Although perhaps that’s incorrect, because there was light. Almost blinding.

The light that comes from stories.

Each one a beacon guiding me out of my reality.


✯ The Lord of the Rings (trilogy)

✯ Beauty and the Beast (1991)

✯ Stardust

✯ Anastasia (1997)

✯ The last samurai

✯ Who framed Roger Rabbit?

✯ Miss Potter

✯ Curly Sue

✯ To Wong Foo, thanks for everything Julie Newmar

✯ You've got mail (and many others Meg Ryan's rom-com's)

✯ It's a wonderful life

✯ Casper

✯ The book thief

✯ Little Women (1994)

✯ Singin' in the rain

✯ Pride (2014)

✯ Pride and prejudice (2005)

✯ Ever After

✯ Notting Hill

✯ While you were sleeping

✯ Ben-Hur

✯ Cinderella (2015)

✯ Sleepy Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment